Subscribe to CAPtv

UP Coming "Event Update"

Donate to support our Mission

USD

Is Kanye West Getting Serious About His Bid for the Presidency in 2020? #CAPUpdate

Kanye West really addressed his potential presidential bid in 2020.
While speaking to BBC Radio 1's Annie Mac Monday, the Life of Pablo rapper opened up about his September 2015 announcement at the VMAs when he said he would be running for president in 2020. Although the vocal rapper doesn't have a passion for the field of politics, he does, however, have "a view on humanity, on people, on the truth."
As a result, Yeezus really wants to try to affect change in any way he can. "If there is anything that I can do with my time and my day, to somehow make a difference while I'm alive," West told the radio host, "I'm going to try to do it."
The Grammy-winning artist also addressed the ongoing issue of gun violence and recent shootings in the U.S., telling Mac that people aren't feeling the same effects they once did because of the frequency in which these tragic events are occurring. "We are numb, we're numb to 500 kids getting killed in Chicago a year," the dad of North West, 3, and Saint West, 7 months, said. "We're numb to the fact that it was seven police shootings in the beginning of July."

When Kanye first made the announcement, many were left confused and surprised. Was he just kidding? Is he actually going to run? 'Ye told Vanity Fair that he was going to, but he still had to learn a little more about the role. "I've got a lot of research to do, I've got a lot of growing up to do," he said.
"I sit in clubs and I'm like, Wow, I've got five years before I go and run for office and I've got a lot of research to do, I've got a lot of growing up to do," he continued. "My dad has two masters degrees. My mom has a PhD, she used to work at Operation PUSH. Somehow the more and more creative I get, the closer and closer I get to who I was as a child."
Kanye clarified that he's "not a politician" but rather just wants "everyone to win."

#CityAlertPlus #CAP 
Follow us on social media

Comments

People Also Read

Qdot Alagbe "Apala New Skool" Trending and Spreading like Virus #CAPactofart

CAP on Google Map

Contact CAP

Name

Email *

Message *

Click DONATE to Help A child today if you CAN.