Subscribe to CAPtv

UP Coming "Event Update"

Donate to support our Mission

USD

NDLEA Arrests SA based Nigerian man With Drugs Worth N31m At Lagos Airport Cap News

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a South African based Nigerian, Abiodun Israel Banjo, for the possession of methamphetamine at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos.

In a statement by its spokesperson, Mitchell Ofoyeju, the agency said Banjo was arrested during the screening of South Africa bound passengers.

According to the statement, the parcels of methamphetamine weighed 3.435kgs with an estimated street value of N31 million in Nigeria.

NDLEA commander at the Abuja airport, Ahmadu Garba while speaking on the arrest said officials of the anti-narcotics agency discovered methamphetamine in Banjo’s bags during a luggage check.

He said the drugs were hidden under clothing and food items. Mr. Garba said the suspect was immediately arrested while investigations were ongoing.

The suspect, however, said his friend gave him the bags, denying any knowledge of its contents.

“I work in Pretoria. My friend in South Africa called me saying that his brother would give me two bags containing foodstuff to take to him. He also promised to give me two thousand dollars. I opened the bags and checked thoroughly, but could not find anything criminal. That was how I accepted to take the bags,” Banjo explained.

“I was surprised when the drug was detected under the bags. I feel very sad that my friend has implicated me,” he said.

NDLEA Chief Executive Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah has said the suspect would be charged to court.


#CityAlertPlus
Follow us on social media for more and quick update 

Comments

People Also Read

The 'black Jesus' of North West #CAPnews

King Larry Johnson 1 body leave South Africa to Nigeria for funeral service #CAP

CAP on Google Map

Contact CAP

Name

Email *

Message *

Click DONATE to Help A child today if you CAN.