Subscribe to CAPtv

UP Coming "Event Update"

Donate to support our Mission

USD

Former Liverpool, England captain Gerrard announces retirement #CAPnews



Steven Gerrard made his Liverpool debut in 1998 and established himself as one of Europe's most dynamic midfield players. 


LIVERPOOL - Former Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard announced his retirement on Thursday a week after confirming he would not be returning to play for MLS side LA Galaxy.
"Following recent media speculation surrounding my future I can confirm my retirement from playing professional football," Gerrard, 36, said in a statement.
"I've had an incredible career and I'm thankful for each and every moment of my time with Liverpool, England and LA Galaxy."
Gerrard made his Liverpool debut in 1998 and established himself as one of Europe's most dynamic midfield player.
He went on to make more than 700 appearances for the club and was capped 114 times for his country.
 
Follow us on social media

Comments

People Also Read

Five dead in Westminster terror attack in London #CAPupdate

CAP on Google Map

Contact CAP

Name

Email *

Message *

Click DONATE to Help A child today if you CAN.