Saturday, 25 June 2016

Cleric suspended for taking selfies with ‘Kim Kardashian’ #CAPNews

A high-profile Pakistani cleric who posed for selfies with a controversial model famed for her suggestive photos has been suspended from a senior government committee, the country’s religious affairs ministry said, rebuking him for his behaviour.
Mufti Abdul Qavi was removed Wednesday from the country’s moon-sighting committee which decides when the ongoing holy month of Ramadan begins and ends, according to a notification issued by the ministry.
The suspension comes after he was widely ridiculed when social media starlet Qandeel Baloch — a deeply polarising figure in the conservative Muslim country — uploaded the pictures earlier this week along with a video of herself with the preacher, wearing his hat and pouting.
Mufti Abdul Qavi and Qandeel Baloch (Pakistan’s ‘Kim Kardashian’)

Baloch, a Kim Kardashian type figure who frequently posts semi-nude selfies, later called Qavi “a blot on the name of Islam” and accused him of inappropriate behaviour.
Qavi was also suspended as a member of the Pakistan Tehreek Insaaf opposition party, led by cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan, a former socialite who became more religious after his retirement as a sportsman.
“Mufti Qavi’s fate will be decided after the opinion of the (National religious scholars) Council regarding his selfies and behaviour,” a spokesman for the ministry told Pakistan’s Dawn newspaper Wednesday.
Social media users expressed their amusement over the affair. “Qandeel Baloch for President,” said Urooj Zia on Facebook.
In the video which was uploaded on Baloch’s Facebook account, Qavi is seen saying he will guide the starlet on religious matters and she had agreed to become his student.
He has also said the meeting took place at her request and that she had apologised for the inconvenience caused by the episode.
But Baloch said the cleric had sought her number after the two had appeared on a TV panel together and that he had behaved inappropriately toward her.
“I thought I would expose him as he is in reality. He is a different person alone and different when he has his followers around him.
“He is a blot on the name of Islam. Who is he to claim to be a guardian of Islam?”
Though she is reviled by many and frequently subject to misogynist abuse online, Baloch has also won praise by some of the country’s youth for her forthright attitude.

#CityAlertPlus #CAP 
Follow us on social media



Enjoy this Newest Visual from DJ Neptune Ft. Flavour - TGIF "Time no dey" (Official Music Video) #CAPMusic

Buhari appoints new Inland Waterways boss #CAPNews


President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Boss Mustapha as the new Managing Director of the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA).

This is contained in a statement issued on Thursday in Abuja by Bolaji Adebiyi, Director of Press in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).

The statement said that Mr. Mustapha, a lawyer with extensive experience in both private and public sectors, had served in management positions.

It said the appointment was for a term of four years at the first instance. (NAN)

#CityAlertPlus #CAP 
Follow us on social media

Friday, 24 June 2016

Enjoy 50 Cent - No Romeo No Juliet ft. Chris Brown The Official Music Video

Brexit likely, Leave ahead in UK referendum #CAPNews


Supporters of the Leave campaign celebrated as the result of the referendum came in [EPA]

Results of UK's EU referendum are close but the Remain campaign appears to be failing to pick up enough support.


The Leave camp has edged ahead in the UK where voters have gone to the polls in a referendum on whether the country should stay in the European Union.
With more than half of the UK's council votes counted on Friday morning, a Brexit is now looking more likely.
The Reuters news agency says the Leave camp has moved ahead to 51.3 percent, with the Remain vote just behind on 48.7 percent, with 171 of the 382 counting areas declared. 
UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage already declared victory in a speech held in London. 
"The dawn is breaking on an independent United Kingdom," Farage said to loud cheers at a Leave campaign party.
"I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels and all that has gone wrong."
"Let June the 23rd go down in history as our Independence Day."
Farage went on to accuse Prime Minister David Cameron and former prime ministers Gordon Brown and Tony Blair of "irresponsible, open-door mass-immigration that has damaged the quality of life of ordinary, decent people in this country."
Farage said Prime Minister David Cameron, who campaigned for Remain, should resign "immediately" if the Leave camp win the referendum.
The British pound plunged to a 31-year low as results came in.
The figures delivered a deep shock to financial markets, overturning earlier anticipation of a narrow victory for Remain.
The pound initially soared as polls closed and two opinion surveys put Remain ahead and two leading supporters of the Leave campaign said it appeared the pro-EU side had won.
But it then suffered one of its biggest one-day falls in history, plummeting more than 10 percent in six hours, from about $1.50 to below $1.35 as results suggested a strong possibility the UK would vote to quit the bloc.
#CityAlertPlus #CAP 
Follow us on social media

Thursday, 23 June 2016

Enjoy Olamide Latest Single "Konkobility" [Official Music Video] #CAPMusic

Australian company's workers kidnapped in Nigeria #CAPNews

Gunmen kill local driver and abduct seven men working for Australian mining giant Macmahon near Calabar.



Gunmen in southern Nigeria have killed a local driver and kidnapped two Nigerians, three Australians, a New Zealander and a South African working for an Australian mining company, officials said.
The abduction happened in the Akpabuyo district near the capital of Cross River state, Calabar, at about 7am on Wednesday, Nigerian police said on Thursday.
Those taken were believed to be workers with Australian mining and engineering giant Macmahon, which was contracted to cement company LafargeHolcim in the state, police commissioner Jimoh Ozi-Obeh told reporters.
"The police is currently working with the Nigerian Navy to ensure that the victims are released unharmed," he added.
Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said they are working with Nigerian authorities to free their citizens. 
"We are working with the authorities, local authorities, at the highest levels," Turnbull told reporters in Geelong, Australia.
"We don't know at this stage the identity of the kidnappers and families in Australia are notified of course. 
"It is a very serious kidnapping, a very serious criminal assault, one person was killed and seven people have been kidnapped."
Irene Ugbo, a spokeswoman for Cross River state police, said no ransom demand had been received.
One witness to the abduction, who asked not to be identified, said the kidnappers took the men to a waiting boat.
LafargeHolcim spokeswoman Viola Graham-Douglas said the company was informed of the incident by Macmahon, which was "working with the security agencies to resolve the situation".
Macmahon has an $18m per year contract with the United Cement Company of Nigeria Ltd (UniCem) for quarrying operations at UniCem's cement manufacturing plant at Mfamosing, near Calabar.
UniCem is a joint venture between Franco-Swiss conglomerate LafargeHolcim and Flour Mills of Nigeria, according to the Australian firm's website.
Kidnapping for ransom has been a long-standing problem in southern Nigeria, particularly in the oil-producing delta region, where criminal gangs target wealthy Nigerians and expatriate workers.
Most are usually released after the payment of a ransom.

#CityAlertPlus #CAP 
Follow us on social media