Thoughtful, honest, and detailed answers to these questions will help prepare any artist or band in writing bios, press releases (and EPKS), and fact sheets, as well as marketing plans that are necessary for getting the word out about your new release.
It will also help the company to know exactly what is needed to be done for the artist and when is needed to be done.
So, don't cut corners on some of the more detailed questions. THINK about your answers before you write any answers.
- Name of Artist/Band? (Include all band members names and instruments played.)
- Is your stage name trademarked?
- Have you registered your songs for copyright protection in your present country of resident
- Have any of your songs been published? (If so, by whom?)
- Have you affiliated with a performance rights organization? In south Africa or any other part of the world.
- Have you signed up with www.joassycanpro.blogspot.com ? (Check out what they do!)
- What is your music background? Tell your story in a short and concise manner.)
- Do you belong to the Musician’s Union?
- Do you have a written ‘band or Record deal agreement’?
- Why do you want to record and release your own music? (Be very honest.)
- Who is your fan/customer? (Analyze this question thoroughly.)
- What are your songs about? (What specific themes do they cover?)
- Do you write your own songs? (Discuss the song-writing process in detail.)
- Who are your musical influences? (Site specific examples.)
- How do you describe your music to people? (This is not a short answer.)
- What image do you think your music conveys? ( Do not avoid the image issue!)
- What are your immediate music career goals? (Next 1 to 3 years.)
- What are your long-term career goals?
- How would you define the word “success”?
- Who is your Mentor
- Who is your favourite to 3 Male and Female act (Local and Int'l)
- If you are to work with any big Africa act, who? Male & Female
- Do you have any personal contacts in the music business?
- Do you have an entertainment law attorney to consult with?
- Are you looking for an independent label deal or a major label deal? (Why?)
- What live performance experience have you had? (Any industry showcases?)
- How do you rate your live performance ability? (Be very critical. No cliches)
- Have you recorded any previous CDs or posted any audio files on the Internet?
- What type of recording process did you use? Who produced your recording?)
- How did you sell your CD’s/Audio Files? (Consignment? Live sales? iTunes? CD Baby? Amazon.com? Tunecore? Sound Cloud? ReverbNation? Notjustok? Through traditional distributors/stores?)
- Have you had any previous print or broadcast media exposure or reviews?
- Are you financially able to fund the costs of establishing your career? (Are you in debt?)
- Do you have a business license? (City, state, federal?)
- What is your current “business form”? (Sole proprietor? Corporation? Partnership?)
- Have you set up a system for tracking your financial activities? (Software system?)
- Are you aware of the tax deductions available for musicians?
- Do you have insurance on your band equipment and vehicles?
- Who handles your daily business activities? (Bookings, promotions etc.)
- Have you created a career, marketing, or business plan? (Is it in writing?)
- Do you have a PR company?
- Where do you want to see your self now?
- Will you like to know more about us on the services we render as a Production and Promotion Company
- If Yes, we will send you our company profile which will tell you more about our Products and services and also show you more on how we can work together.
Note: Copy and paste the template into Micro soft word and insert the answer to every question under each question as follows.
All question must be answered and